Hello and welcome again to Equity, TechCrunch’s enterprise capital-focused podcast, the place we unpack the numbers behind the headlines.
Natasha and Danny and Alex and Grace had been all right here to talk by the week’s greatest tech happenings. This time round we had no matter passes for a quiet week so far as information quantity. But that also meant we needed to minimize stuff and transfer the relaxation round. But, as soon as we obtained carried out modifying the notes doc down, right here’s what was left over:
- Snap acquires Fit Analytics, a becoming expertise startup: A far-past TechCrunch Disrupt alum has discovered a brand new house within LA’s social chief. No value on this one, however a enjoyable factor to speak about all the identical.
- eToro is going public via a SPAC (cool), and because it competes with Robinhood it gave us a chance to dig into the market. And frankly there’s lots to love about eToro. And thus Robinhood? Probably.
- The co-founder of Siri and a scientist have teamed up to create Riva Health, a software program resolution that hopes to show your cellphone right into a blood stress monitor correct sufficient for scientific use.
- Copy.ai raised $2.9 million, a spherical that Alex wouldn’t shut up about due to GPT-3.
- The future of hashish is in the fingers of retail retailers, or no less than that’s what Dutchie, a Bend, Oregon-based startup, believes. The hashish administration startup raised $200 million at a $1.7 billion valuation this previous week.
- Airtable raised another round. An enormous one. Again. This time it was $270 million at a $5.77 billion valuation. How rather more cash might it want? Who is aware of!
- Squarespace, everybody’s favourite podcast sponsor, has raised $300 million at a steep, $10 billion valuation. The information broke practically two months since Squarespace filed confidentially for IPO.
- And we closed on how unequal the enterprise capital world actually is. It’s tremendous embarrassing to report on, however realizing the numbers is healthier than not. So we wrote about it.
The present wraps with a teaser for subsequent week that we gained’t spoil right here.